1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Difficulties the button config of a 12 button usb joypad

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by moonpie9588, Feb 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moonpie9588

moonpie9588 Thread Starter

The joypad I have is basically a PS2 joypad with a usb connection. It has a d-pad, two analogue sticks (which can also be pressed as buttons 11 and 12) and 4 buttons on the shoulders of the joypad.

The difference is this joypad has 6 buttons to be used by the right thumb (as opposed to the PS2's 4 buttons. These 2 extra buttons are located to the right-hand side of where the "Triangle" and "Circle" buttons are found on a PS2 joypad, and are buttons 5 and 6 on the joypad. This changes the 4 shoulder buttons ("L1", "R1", "L2" and "R2" on a PS2 joypad) from buttons 5, 6, 7 and 8 to buttons 7, 8, 9 and 10, respectively.

Now, my problem lies in the fact that most games (EA games especially) only recognise buttons 1 to 8. So what im wondering is can anyone suggest a way of changing the assigned buttons on a joypad, short of actually opening it up and swapping the wires!! I was thinking something along the lines of editing the drivers, if thats possible. But if that would work, im not sure where i would find the driver files.

I have a Dell inspiron laptop, with windows XP. Just in case that makes any difference.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/542836

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice