1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Difficulty Publishing Site

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by AvantGardeCares, Dec 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AvantGardeCares

AvantGardeCares Thread Starter

I have an account with HostMonster.com and have been using Web Easy Pro 10 for months to create and upload my website. I've never had any difficulty with it. I just use the FTP upload thing in the software using my credentials and everyhting just works.

However, I changed to WYSIWYG to make a better site and I love the software. I have created a pretty good website. However.... when I publish it, it just doesn't work. For example:

Originally I researched that I don't have an index.html file when publishing but I don't know why. I can't seem to find out online anywhere how to make one or whatever I need to do. I would have figured the WYSIWYG would have published one for me like Web Easy Pro did without any trouble but I guess not. When I create a new website without a template, it does include an index.html in the site map but not in the one I've worked for weeks on.

Originally when I would go to the website after publishing, it used to just show an idex of the website. Then I tried to import the index.html file from the blank project into my existing project and now it shows a blank page when I go to my website. The only way to view any pages is to add /Home.html to even see the home page.

I just don't know what to do. My site is AvantGardeCares.com and you can see what I'm talking about. The title is Untitled Page but I don't know why.

I uploaded a screenshot of the site map. Like I said, I tried to import the index.html file from another project but I guess that's why it lands to a blank page when I go to the website but I don't know where the one is for the site I created is or how to make/generate one in the software.

Attached Files:

2. JiminSA

JiminSA

First Name:
    Jim
    I suggest that you save your Home.html page as index.html and upload it to your site, being careful to change any links in subsequent pages which are pointing to Home.html, to now point to index.html ...;)

3. colinsp

colinsp

First Name:
    Colin
    You also need to change the page title in your editor to your site not the template name.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1182342

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice