digital cable on vid card

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

kawiben

I have a ATI Radeon 9600 Pro video card that is not even a year old. I had a monitor go out about a week or two ago and since it was under warranty I sent it in ad got my new Compaq TFT 8020. Well now when I plug it in the digital cable doesn't evn recognize that it is even there let alone plugged in. On the start up screen it works, but as soon as I log in it goes blank and I have to switch to the analog to get anything. I've tried uninstalling the driver and hardware, unpluging the actual card and cables, start the computer, shut it down, then plug the card back in along with the cables and restart the computer and instal the driver and hardware. It still doesn't work.
So what I was wondering is: Is my vid card fried or is there another remedy that I can do to get it to work?

Thank you to any one who can succesfully or un succesfyully help. It is greatly appreciated.

Kawiben

P.S. I have a Compaq Desk Pro and windows 200o se

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online