1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

digital cable on vid card

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by kawiben, Sep 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kawiben

kawiben Thread Starter

I have a ATI Radeon 9600 Pro video card that is not even a year old. I had a monitor go out about a week or two ago and since it was under warranty I sent it in ad got my new Compaq TFT 8020. Well now when I plug it in the digital cable doesn't evn recognize that it is even there let alone plugged in. On the start up screen it works, but as soon as I log in it goes blank and I have to switch to the analog to get anything. I've tried uninstalling the driver and hardware, unpluging the actual card and cables, start the computer, shut it down, then plug the card back in along with the cables and restart the computer and instal the driver and hardware. It still doesn't work.
    So what I was wondering is: Is my vid card fried or is there another remedy that I can do to get it to work?

Thank you to any one who can succesfully or un succesfyully help. It is greatly appreciated.

Kawiben

P.S. I have a Compaq Desk Pro and windows 200o se

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/271845

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice