1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Digital camera download wizard

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Brooook, Jun 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Brooook

Brooook Thread Starter

I have XP and a Sony digital camera. When I connected the camera to the computer with the USB cord a download Wizard talked me through the download process. Somewhere along the line I uninstalled Sony Imagestation (thinking I didn't need it, but I have it back now) and I think it was then that I lost the "Wizard". I now have to go to My Computer, and click onto Sony Memory STick etc and move files from there. I liked my "Wizard" so much more - how do I get him back?

2. cybertech

cybertech Retired Moderator

I think that must be some software that came with your camera. I know I got something with my sony.

3. bopdude

bopdude

Hi Brooook,

You should try un-installing the software from contro panel . add\ remove programs, and then re-install the software from the cd that came with your camera.

But before that maybe there's a mention of it in your help file.

Just a thought :)
    l

4. slipe

slipe

I have my computer set up in the classic interface so yours might be different. I go Start>Programs>Accessories>Scanner and Camera Wizard. You can probably default it to open when you plug your camera in.

My cameras don't require any software to download as long as the computer recognizes the camera.

5. Brooook

Brooook Thread Starter

I've found alot of wizards but not a scanner & camera wizard. The camera did not come with a CD. I must have deleted the wizard accidentally when I uninstalled Image Station.

Thanks anyway....

6. slipe

slipe

Go to Add/Remove Programs in control panel and select Add Windows Components on the left side. It should allow you to reinstall the wizard if you removed it.

7. Brooook

Brooook Thread Starter

None of the above worked. I even visited the Sony website. I will do it the long way. Maybe I got a CD but misplaced it? I should ring the store I purchased it from.

I will procrastinate about it....

Thread closed. Thankyou.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/139652

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice