1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Digital Camera Help Please?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by KylieAnn 78, Oct 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. KylieAnn 78

KylieAnn 78 Thread Starter

Can anyone tell me why my camera is not tranferring? It's a Kodak easyshare DX6340 including the dock Kodak easyshare6000..when I hit the transfer button on the dock it blinks but starts my scanner..and if i try to start it manually from the software it says there are no images on this device ( still starting my scanner here) Please tell me someone can help me out ?

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

In the meantime, and as a workaround, does the camera show up under Windows Explorer, as a removeable drive?

All cameras I have dealt with show up in this manner, and I never use the camera software at all. I just copy the files across, and use one of the many free image editors.

Back to your problem though, it would help if you advise what version of Windows you are running, and if this problem has just begun, or is this the first time you have ever docked the camera?
    The information you have provided means only guesses can be supplied.

It can also be caused by the way the software was installed, its critical as to when you attach the dock/camera device, the instructions need to be followed very closely. Also the USB connection can be critical, as to using a port on a USB hub, or directly on the PC.

3. KylieAnn 78

duh..I told myself to say what OS and then forgot to ..lol ..its Win XP and the software it easyshare 3.0 it was installed perfectly the first time..worked ok then ..but for some reason it just stopped working..I called tech help for it a few days ago ..and they had me walk through some regedit and deleting a folder..but obviously that didn't work cuz its doing it agian. I don't get it . I have only had the thing for 3 weeks and it works fine once then I have to do a total reinstall the next time??should I just take the POC back ?=(

4. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Seems like a conflict with the Scanner?

Stating the obvious, but what does happen when the scanner is unplugged?

5. KylieAnn 78

hahaha ingenious ..too bad 'I' didn't think about that...lolol i'll give it a try and let ya know =)

Ok I was reading your reply when the hubbie came in and asked me 'what was wrong with it now'..so I tried to show him how it was starting the scanner...guess what?? It worked just fine ..I'll never understand..thanks a bunch for tryin to help ..you have no idea how much i appreciate it :D

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/171354

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice