digital camera jpg file sent as attachment via Winfax 9.0?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

MRBEE

Thanks partially to recommendations here, I have purchased an Olympus 510 digital camera. I love it. However, there is one task I would like to do with it, but can't figure out how. The camera spews out jpg files. I would like to fax one of those files to a friend through my Winfax 9.0 software. Doesn't seem to work. I can email them fine as attachments, or inserts, but although my friend has a fax machine, he doesn't have a computer. When I attempt to attach them in my Winfax program, it doesn't work.

My OS is Windows 98.

So, is it possible? And, if so, how?

Brooks

Have you tried inserting the .jpg into a word doc and faxing the word doc?

you can open them in whatever photo editing software you use and print them to winfax (select winfax as the print driver, when winfax opens, select attachment, etc)

but a colour jpg looks like crap - you'd have to grayscale it in the photo software then try sending -probably lighten and increase contrast also - perhaps lower the resolution to 800x640 or so

try ifanview if you need a versatile software program

using word or other software would also work, but i'd suggest the grayscale for sure - no matter what the original doc or file format it's in - when you send it by winfax it's sent as a winfax image

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online