1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Digital Camera not detected

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by SWRomans, Jun 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SWRomans

SWRomans Thread Starter

I have searched and searched the internet/forums to find the answer to my problem..

Specs:
    Dell
    Inspiron 530S
    Intel Celeron CPU 450 @ 2.20GHz 2.19 GHz
    32-Bit Operating System
    Windows Vista Service Pack 2

I plug in my Digital Camera(Canon Powershot A3000 IS) and i hear the beep sounds to tell that it is plugged in. Well it is not detected. I can't explore the camera's folders, I can't open the camera with Zoom Browser EX, etc. However, when I go to device manager, uninstall the driver for it, unplug and plug it back in, I have a few seconds where I can view the camera's folders, and it works just fine. That's when the drivers start to download, once they are finished, it breaks again. I have not found ANY way to disable automatic driver updates. I have went to the place where I make it ask me first, which it doesn't do. I do not want to format, but see no other option. I am updated to the newest version of Windows and the camera doesn't come with any drivers.

2. leroys1000

leroys1000 Banned

Right click the camera in device manager and click properties.
    Click roll back driver and roll it back to the previous driver.
    When you are done with that,go to control panel and run
    windows update.
    It should show that newer driver.
    Right click it and click hide update.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1003469

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice