1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

digital camera problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by gravenz, Feb 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gravenz

gravenz Thread Starter

i bought an iconcepts digital camera about a month ago and can't get it to work. it says that it is taking the pictures and that they are in the camera but when i try to download them it says no pictures in the camera. i have checked to see if the device drivers are correct and it says the everything is ok. i'm still new at this so i could use any suggestions i could get. :confused: :confused:

2. ladynimue

ladynimue

HI
    I had same problem but as usual it was my own fault,!!
    I had the lead in wrong port in computer, have you checked its correct? worth a try

Ladynimue

3. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Whenever someone brings in a USB device thats not working its always because it was installed incorrectly.

Step One: uninstall the camera software/drivers/ anything else that installed with the camera.

Step Two: unplug the camera.

Step Three: Start your computer in Safe Mode (hold the ctrl key or press F8 just as windows starts to load or just before) and remove any unknown devices, any camera drivers and any usb device that you don't have - leave the host controller and root hub only form the device manager.

Step Four: Restart your computer.

Step Five: read your manual for the camera, specifically the software installation part.

Step Six: Follow the instructions to install the camera - usually install the software first then plug in the camera - but this varies from camera to camera.

Hope that helps, post if run into trouble or if it still doesn't work.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/116474

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice