1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

digital camera problems help please

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by K Corvina, Dec 26, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. K Corvina

K Corvina Thread Starter

I bought a digital camera (Kodak EZ200) and when I tried to install the software it said it doesn't install with Windows XP. So I got to http://www.kodak.com and they have a section that says it works well with Windows XP you just need to donload the software from their website. Ok, so I do that and install the camera. I go to get the pictures I took and they say that the camera isn't connected to the PC even though I know it is. I think it's either a problem with my USB or maybe I can't use that camera with Windows XP.

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Hi K Corvina, welcome to TSG.

If this is the first USB device that you are connecting to the computer, you'll probably need to take a look in the bios setup to be sure that USB support has been ENABLED there.

Usually when the computer is starting, hit the DEL key to enter the bios, if you have a Compaq, F 10, other computers try F 1 or F 2. Once there, take a look around for anything that mentions USB.

3. K Corvina

K Corvina Thread Starter

Hi, thanks!

well, I tried pressing del, f1 and f2 but I can't get into BIOS. My computer is an HP and it's only a few months old. HOwever, I looked in the devise manager and it said that the USB port was enabled and was working properly.

4. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

You've got to get into the bios.......one of the keys should work, I'm thinking the F 2 --- when the machine is restarting, keep tapping it.....it can be happy in the device manager, but if the bios setup has it disabled, it's not going to work.

5. jchris102

jchris102

I had almost the same problem with Toshiba camera, I have to reload the driver off the install CD almost everytime I want to download pics from camera to PC, there must be a special way to do it but thusfar have had to do that. Also for my camera it says I must turn off image software before I download camera driver.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/62965

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice