Digital Camera Problems

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

airdale

Hi Everyone
I installed a Sony digital camera 5.0
Installation is OK, but I can't view the picture in the computer.
It shows the computer downloading off of the camera you can see the thumbnail photos being loaded
but I can't view them. The picture viewer is Quick Time when I oen the folder it shows the file double click still no picture.

Any help will be appreciated

OS 98se
64 Ram

airdale

Download and install Irfanview: www.irfanview.com

When you set up the associations during the install select “Images Only”. The first time you use it I would select: View>Display options>Fit images to window.

Among other neat tricks you can scroll through an entire folder with your scroll wheel. You can also go to full screen with the “Enter” key and go back to the regular view the same way. It is much better for still images than QuickTime.

Originally posted by airdale:
Hi Everyone
I installed a Sony digital camera 5.0
Installation is OK, but I can't view the picture in the computer.
It shows the computer downloading off of the camera you can see the thumbnail photos being loaded
but I can't view them. The picture viewer is Quick Time when I oen the folder it shows the file double click still no picture.

Any help will be appreciated

OS 98se
64 Ram

airdale
Have you installed the Image mixer...I have the same camera and once the photos have downloaded I bring up the mixer to view the photos......or...

If you click on settings on the image transfer and make sure the box - after copying is complete launch image mixer - is ticked, you should have no problems...

W

wanabe_buck

As slipe said ... get rid of Quick Time and use Irfanview

airdale

Chalky and Wana a Buck
Thanks for the information.
I downloaded irfanview now it works great !!!
Thanks again

Airdale(y)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online