1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Digital Camera showing as "Removable Disk" instead of regular camera/web cam.

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by WWEFreak666, Jul 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WWEFreak666

WWEFreak666 Thread Starter

Hello, basically I want to know if it's possible to change the status of my digital camera when I plug it in. It always loads up as a "Removable Disk" because it has photos and videos on it, thus I cannot record or go on video conversations with people I know, but I want to be able to use it as a web cam so I can record myself through the computer like that the camera doesn't die on me while I'm recording. I've read the "Owner's Manual" and I did not find a single thing about setting it up as a web cam.

My digital camera is Centrios Digital Camera 6MP/7MP 2518151 (Silver).

2. Ziggy1

Ziggy1

Not every digital Camera can be used as a Webcam, your best bet is to email the mfg.

I tried looking on their web site but it didn't even show Camera's as a Link?
    http://www.centrios.com/

3. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

If it gives no info in the manual as to using it as a webcam, its not a webcam. Very few are both, as the high pixel count makes them unsuited as a webcam.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/727150

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice