1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

digital camera

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by BLAZIN GUNZ, Jan 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. BLAZIN GUNZ

BLAZIN GUNZ Thread Starter

hello, i just purchased a AIPTEK PENCAM. now every thing works, the camera, digital camcorder, and the pc camera because its a 3in1. now i hooked up the usb cord to it and it runs off the pc power, its when i unplug it from the cord is where i run into trouble. as soon as i unplug it, a blue screen pops up with an error, and i push enter because it says i should be able to continue with out any problems, so i push enter and it stays on the blue screen, two more times doing this the computer restarts. and then everything is fine. now this is my first camera but i dont think it should be doing this:D , i hope someone can give me a solution to my problem.

i do shut down the program before i unplug, so its not because i leave the program running.

2. VirtualMe

VirtualMe

What version of windows are you using?

If it is Win ME or XP you will have a icon in the right hand taskbar you nned to use to close the device before unhooking it.

3. BLAZIN GUNZ

i'm taking it your talking about an icon down by my clock, but there isnt one, ( and i have windows me), is there some reason i'm not getting an icon down there, and how do i solve that problem? thinks for replying so fast, i have the upmost respect for this forum, it has gotten me out of alot of jams, THANKS TECH GUYS

4. VirtualMe

VirtualMe

Does one show up when you plug the camera in?

5. BLAZIN GUNZ

no icon when i plug in, sorry but i had to unplug it to plug it back in and it shut down on me

6. VirtualMe

VirtualMe

Sorry, but it has been so long since I first plugged in my camera, I can't remember how I did it. The camera and a zip drive is all I have that is USB.

Hopefully someone else will be along soon that knows.

If you click Start > Help > Index > scroll down to > Unplug or Eject Hardware icon > Display you can see what your needing to show in the taskbar.

Do you show any ! in the Devive Manager?

7. BLAZIN GUNZ

i went to help and it said go to the task bar and pust the unplug eject hardware icon but i dont have one, and i did a search and it didnt show up with anything, do you know how i can get this icon, it looks like and arrow pointing to the left overtop of a square.

8. VirtualMe

VirtualMe

Thats what it should look like.

I've been searching but not found anything yet.

Does the camera show up in My Computer whe ni is plugged in?

9. BLAZIN GUNZ

no, it doesnt show up, when i plug it in an hour glass comes up for a couple sec. so i know the computer is detecting it

10. VirtualMe

VirtualMe

There should be something show up in My computer also when it is plugged in.

Sounds like you may need to update your drivers.

11. BLAZIN GUNZ

i went to control panel>scanners and cameras and when it gives me the option to add the camera it gives me a list of them, but mine isnt on there, is this what i have to update (drivers?) and if so , how do i do this task, thanks for you help

12. VirtualMe

VirtualMe

See if you can find updated drivers here. Upper right corner cliclk on Driver Downloads and find your the driver for your camera.

http://www.aiptek.com/index2.php

13. VirtualMe

VirtualMe

Well that didn't link. You will have to click on support to get to the page I'm talking about first.

14. BLAZIN GUNZ

OK, i got the driver i need and its a zip file, where do i unzip it too? to the scanner and camera folder, because thats where i have to select my camera from, and if so its in the control panel, so where do i find that when i browse while in win zip, i've never unziped to that location before?

15. VirtualMe

VirtualMe

Heres what Aiptek says

==============================================

From what they are saying you can just extract it to any place you want, as long as you can find it. Once you click on Setup.exe it should do the rest.

I all ways extract mine to the C:\Windows\Desktop\. Then when you're done with it you can delete it afterwards.

When you click on extract, where it says Extract to: type this in C:Windows\Desktop\camera

That will make it easy to find.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/111644

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice