1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Digital Camera

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by guitarist968, Sep 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. guitarist968

guitarist968 Thread Starter

Hi everyone.

I want to buy a cheap digital camera (under $200) but I don't know what to look for when buying one. Could someone tell me how to choose an acceptable, cheap digital camera? What brands/models are good? What do I need to know before buying one?

Thanks in advance.

-Jonathan

2. buck52

buck52 Banned

your acceptable... and mine or someone elses may be miles apart...

Just my opinion...don't buy a cheap one unless you want cheap/low quality photos...if that's ok... then anything under your price will probably do you fine

buck

3. jakoval

jakoval

4. Guyzer

Guyzer

First Name:
    Guy
  5. guitarist968

I knew someone would tell me not to buy a cheap camera. But I'm only 15 and I don't need a really good camera. Just something that is acceptable for taking a few pictures every now and then.

Also, thanks for the sites! They helped a lot. I'm going to compare some models now.

Thanks again!

-Jonathan

6. buck52

buck52 Banned

Hi again guitarist968...

Didn't tell you not to...I used the word unless to try get you to think about what you want it for... ;)

spend 300-400 dollars and get 10x better camera

buck

7. guitarist968

I'm thinking of waiting until Christmas and getting a $400 camera instead. Maybe I can get an even better one the day after Thanksgiving...

8. Knotbored

Knotbored

Wait-if you only want to take occasional snapshots any expennsive camera will become obsolete before you gget your use from it.
    If I waas 15 and looking for something I didnt need to treat with kid gloves I wouuld gget a $20 from Wallmart and play with it for a year oor two. They are sized to take good email photo's and snapshots-and good to take along on caming trips-no loss if you lose it.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/271313

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice