1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

digital camera

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by fun12259, Dec 29, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. fun12259

fun12259 Thread Starter

My computer does not display the "new hardware found" when I plug in my digital camera. When I go to the device manager for the usb port, and click on the camera, there is no "resources tab" for the camera. Help! I am so frustrated. I loaded the software for the camera without difficulty. Since the camera is not a "gateway" brand, the gateway support people won't help me. I'm desperate to find a solution.

2. Davey7549

Davey7549

Fun
    Welcome to TSG!
    I will try and assist you but I need to know which OS you are running and what is the make and model of your new camera.
    Dave

3. fun12259

fun12259 Thread Starter

Hi Dave, thanks for replying so quickly. My computer has Windows 98 and the camera is a Vivicam.

4. Davey7549

Davey7549

Fun
    I hate to keep asking you questions before I can give you an answer of items to try but Vivicam has many different models
    and I need to know which. It may even be written on the camera such as Vivicam 2655.
    Dave

5. fun12259

fun12259 Thread Starter

Sorry 'bout that. It's a vivicam 3350.

6. Davey7549

Davey7549

Fun
    Here is Vivitars Vivicam digital camera site with the numbers of the cameras written on the left side. Are you sure you model number is 3350? Or is it 3305?
    Dave

Attached Files:

7. Davey7549

Davey7549

Fun
    I went to vivtars site to see if they have any form of tech support
    or on-line manuals I can refer to and there is none. Tech support is e-mail me with a special form that wants all kinds of personal info and there is flatly no manuals. So we are on our own here.
    In your owners manual did it tell you to load the software before
    connecting the camera? If so did you hook your camera up to a usb hub or directly into the USB port on your computer? Also was your camera on when the computer was booted up with the camera plugged in?
    Dave

8. fun12259

fun12259 Thread Starter

Hi Dave,
    Wow, thanks for looking on the vivitar/vivicam website. Anyway, The user guide had me install the program into the PC first (with the included cd), then restart the computer, then I was instructed to power up the camera and turn the mode dial to "pc", then connect the usb cord from the camera to the computer. And that's when the problem occurred. The computer goes to a blue "fatal error" screen. So, it doesn't install the driver, and the removable disk that's supposed to be in the "my computer" folder never appears. The puzzling thing is that the camera works perfectly as described in the user manual when I plugged it into my son's HP laptop. So, I figure it's got to be something with this pc. Any ideas?

9. Davey7549

Davey7549

Fun
    Like I said we are on our own on this one so why not have your camera powered up and plugged in when the computer starts from boot so it will be recognized at initialization. See if it want to load drivers then. At least initially make sure it is in a usb port on the tower and not connected to a hub.
    Dave

10. fun12259

fun12259 Thread Starter

Yes, I thought about that, so I have tried powering up the camera and then turning the computer on... no luck. And I think it's plugged into one of the USB ports on the tower. I'm sorry to be ignorant, but I don't know what you mean by "hub".
    Have a happy New Year's Eve.

11. Davey7549

Davey7549

Fun
    Since I do not have access to your users manual or any tech support FAQ's Lets try this. Go to your add-remove programs in the control panel and find you camera software and remove the software installation. After uninstall restart your system without the camera hooked up let it go all the way to desktop. Now shut down again and plug the camera in and make sure its power is on. Does the find new hardware appear? If it does insert CD and direct the installshield wizard to the cd drive.
    Dave

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/63381

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice