1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

digital photos/remove

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by sheppey, Mar 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sheppey

sheppey Thread Starter

i have 88 photo images on my p/c monitor from an OLYMPUS CAMERA, HOW CAN I DELETE/REMOVE these, as the camera was a REFURBISHED a lot of these photos must have been on it, as i have not taken them, when displayed on OLYPUS BROWSE etc there is nothing showing to DELETE/REMOVE. CAN SOME 1 PLEASE HELP ME, THANKS, :(

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    they mayhave been stored in a directory within olympus program

do you know any of the filenames, so you could search the drive for them ???

3. sheppey

sheppey Thread Starter

hi i dont know if this helps, but i have found them on all these= programfiles/ alan/ back upd/ documents/administrator/ . & these by the pictures= years 1998- 2004, p3170014--25, jpg. & some pictures have = fax tools/ bvrp software. by them, i am a lady of 77 so please excuse the way i can onlyput it . &hope you can sort out4 me how to delete it all, thanks 4 your speedy reply, sheppy

4. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    probably best to delete from the olympus software if we can

when you have the image selected in the olympus broweser - can you right click (use mouse right button) and get a menu ??

5. techy689

techy689

Are they on your camera or the computer?

6. sheppey

sheppey Thread Starter

on my computor.but dont know if they was on the camera when i took photos & put mine on to p/c.,

7. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

How about going into the directory that these photos are located in with a file manager like Windows Explorer and high lite them and then just delete them.

8. techy689

techy689

Exactly. That is probably your best bet because most of us are unfamiliar with the Olympus picture viewer...

9. sheppey

sheppey Thread Starter

i think i have made it now, as 1of you put me on the right track, imnnot that into who the manager is etc, as i have deleted so many on the menu list, as im well past it now & HAVE TO HAVE IT SPELT OUT TO ME, IM PAST THE MATURE AGE NOW, BUT DO LIKE TO KEEP UP WITH LATEST , SO PLEASED TO HAVE FOUND YOUR PAGE, THANKS FROM WAY DOWN IN ESSEX,

10. sheppey

sheppey Thread Starter

i amstill finding lots of images to delete, on my pc, must be well over 300 , so hope im doing right. but still cant get rid of the following ;ERROR MESSAGE =cannot find import; dll missing/corrupt/ or wrong version . file ;rtl 706pl; error 126/, i have REGCURE scan etc but they say they cant do this error ?. so wait &see , when i try RESTORE it wont go back to any time. does this do any damage to pc, please.

11. 1101doc

1101doc

I suspect that your Olympus software is starting with Windows and running continuously in the background. Since these photos "belong" to that software, as long as it is working, the system reads the pictures as being "in use," and won't let you delete them. I suggest free WinPatrol as a startup manager:
    http://www.winpatrol.com/ Once installed, there will be a small scotty dog in your notification tray. Right click it and choose "Show startup info..." Click your Olympus software once to highlight, and then choose "Disable." The program will still run normally from your start menu or its shortcut, but only when YOU want it to. Now reboot. Afterwards the photos will likely be responsive to whatever you want to do with them.

A failed system restore is not harmful--just not helpful. The error report is also likely to be related to the Olympus software. Did you get a disc?

Many users find downloading photos directly from cameras problematic. A "card reader" is usually only a few dollars and plugs into a USB port. When I put my camera's card in the reader, it is quite simple to use the built-in Windows tools to copy the pictures to the folder of my choice. Windows will even clear the card for me if I choose. Much easier for me. Be sure to get a "reader" that accepts the specific type card your camera has. I no longer use the software that came with my camera. The card reader is all I need.

12. sheppey

sheppey Thread Starter

thank you 4 all that info, i am going to print it out , & then seeif it goes ok,so fari have deleted hundreads ofimages by clk; on each 1, took hours, the only disc i have from olympus is no help.&restore i cant find 1, only a MEDION disc says - operating system insta; cd, i triedthis but does no restore ,

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/552973

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice