digital photos

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

james9

when i take a photo with a digital camera and put it on the computer it says its a :jpeg file but i want my photos to be :jpg files. what do i need to change. i have windows xp home editon with e-machines390 2.3 ghz and a polaroid 2.1 mega pixel camera i have taken photos before and they were jpg files but i am getting jpeg files all the time now

buck52

Banned
they should open with the same programs...

what problems are you experiencing with jpeg

buck

jpeg and jpg are the same thing. Just right click on one of them, select open with... and choose whatever program you use to edit them

james9

i am trying to send a photo to a website but it will only upload a jpg file the photo i want to send is jpeg file. what does jpg and jpeg stand for

Open My computer
On the top, select Tools>Folder Options
In the New Window click 'view'
Scroll down until you see 'Hide extensions for known types', deselect this

go to one of your jpeg files
click it once and press F2, the file's name should now be highlighted in blue
If the file is called picture.jpeg, type picture.jpg and hit enter
Hey presto, you now have a jpg file

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online