1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Digital signage

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Qmedical, Aug 23, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qmedical

Qmedical Thread Starter

Hi all! Wasn't sure if this is the correct thread to post in but I recently started at this new company. Since I am the only one with any kind of tech background my boss put me in charge of this. Here is what I need to do.
    We recently got 3 new TVs that are not smart tvs just regular flat screen TVs with HDMI, Ethernet, USB, and regular Coax input. I have a desktop computer and need to be able to display employee schedules and open jobs on each TV. Each TV is for an individual tech. I've thought about just getting 3 laptops and plugging them directly into each via HDMI bu that would take to long to update each one every time the schedule changes. So what I need is some idea on how I can control all 3 TVs from a single laptop or desktop computer. This would be simple if they all needed to display the same thing, however each one would need to show the specifics for each technician going into the field. So far I've looked at RiseVision but I couldn't really see how that would work. I pretty sure I would need to get some kind of wireless hook up for each TV but I'm unsure if I woul dbe able to control all 3 from one computer. Any help on how to set upo this mini network would be greatly apprewciated and I apologies for the long rant. Thank you in advance and if this ois the wrong thread let me know and I will move it.

Kevin

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

First, there is Ethernet on those TV's. You need to find out how that is supposed to used.

I would get 3 video cards and put them in a tower PC. Then Windows should be able to display to all 3 screens. Then you could use something as simple as Windows's included Write to create documents in large fonts. Display the 3 copies of documents, drag them onto each screen.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1231948

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice