Digital video camera

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.
I wouldn't touch that camera with a ten foot pole! Check this one out--3CCD's--makes a huge difference and the Panasonics are much more reliable then the JVC's

Panasonic PV-GS250 MiniDV Digital Camcorder

AvvY

Heck, I'd love to buy that, but its way too far out of my price range $2199 AUSD RRP compared to $750 on the one above. 3ccd is too expensive at the moment. I just need a basic type camera.

Late,

Ah, sorry---take a look at the Sonys and Panasonics----------I am sure they have something in your price range that is equal to or better then the JVC---try this site for a pretty good listing

www.camcorderinfo.com

AvvY

Thanx for the link. Urgh, I'm even more confused now. I'm in Australia so price conversion is annoying, not to mention a swag of different model types to what we get here.

Basically, I am willing to spend 7-800 AUSD, I need a mic input and headphone output as my main requirement, and the JVC has that, unlike a lot of the other modles which I have looked at.

Late,

what you have chosen is nice!
and it is still up to you if you want to buy that digi cam ;)
and there is a lot of other you can look up to :p

cheers :D

AvvY

Urgh, I don't know how to take these comments... Well, I am buying it tomorrow, so once its done its done. It is the best camera I have seen which offeres what I need, and in my price range. If i had more money I would get something a whole lot better, but I have a slim budget. For my usage now, this camera will do fine.

Late,

Great move!!!!! Now I feel better! If you need any advice etc, chime in--I do video for a living!

AvvY

Thanx, I appreciate your advice on this. I was restricted by how much money I had to spend - so 3ccd cameras were way out of my field. But I think I got a fairly good deal with this one - granted its the old model, last one in the store, but I still got a $1500 camera for half price which Is pretty damn good.

At the moment I am using it to film a movie for my media studies class, so I didn't need anything too technical. I need to wire up a custom pair of headphones for this but thats fairly easy. Thanx for you offer of advice, I may well take you up on that.

Late,

AvvY said:
Thanx, I appreciate your advice on this. I was restricted by how much money I had to spend - so 3ccd cameras were way out of my field. But I think I got a fairly good deal with this one - granted its the old model, last one in the store, but I still got a $1500 camera for half price which Is pretty damn good.

At the moment I am using it to film a movie for my media studies class, so I didn't need anything too technical. I need to wire up a custom pair of headphones for this but thats fairly easy. Thanx for you offer of advice, I may well take you up on that.

Late,
Its a good camera----and you should get some pretty nice results. What are you editing your footage with?

AvvY

Adobe Premiere Pro 7 - so I got it all happening at the moment :)

Late,

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online