1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Digital/web cam

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by 4steve44, Feb 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4steve44

4steve44 Thread Starter

Hello to you guys that are the best on the web. My friend just got back from CompUsa where he was looking for a digital camera that would double for a web cam. The salesmen there told him that NONE of their digital cameras could be used for a web cam. I find this very hard to believe. I think that these salespeople didn't have a clue as to the functionality of their cameras. I have a JVC GC-A55 and even though it did not say on either the box or on the software label that it would double as a web cam when I popped the disc in sure enough the app for use as a web cam was there :eek: Tell me aren't most all digital cameras web cams as well :confused:

2. acraftylady

acraftylady

My Olympus C3000 doesn't function as a web cam and it not cable of doing that. Most cameras I don't think will and I wouldn't want one because then the quality of my still pictures might be decreased and I want good still pictures. I think it's better to get a good quality digital camera and a separate webcam.

3. mrcoons

mrcoons

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/326885

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice