1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Digitech XC4881 - Images not showing

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by ACroft, Feb 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ACroft

ACroft Thread Starter

I have a Digitech XC4881 scanner that I am trying to use to convert my wedding photos on (in hindsight, should have had digital photos taken!).

The scanner seems to have installed correctly and the appropriate windows are coming up. However, when I put the negatives in, the scanner doesn't seem to read them. Where I should be able to see a 'Live view' of the negative image, nothing comes up. If I try to take a 'snapshot' all I get is white.

Any suggestions?

2. Ann_2013

Ann_2013

Are talking about using negatives like the older cameras used & converting the negative into a digital photo? You will need a light box, a scanner will not work properly. This conversion box takes the old 35mm negatives and slides and converts them into .jpgs.

http://www.ionaudio.com/products/details/slides-2-pc

3. ACroft

ACroft Thread Starter

Thanks for the suggestion Ann_2013 but the product in the link you posted looks exactly like the one I have only a different brand/model. The one I have is supposed to work for negative film and slides and has both a slide and negative holder hence my confusion about it not working :(

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1090726

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice