Digitizing Super8 Reels

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

damker

Danny
Dear All hi!

I've been trying to digitize some super8 video reels by projecting them and recording with a digital camcorder, as the only possible way of preserving the content.

The problem is that there is intermittent momentary decrease of the lighting probably due to the sequence of the frames(?). I mean the separator between the frames?. Whatever it is, do you think there is a way of remedying it?

The projector is an EUMIG Mark 607D and the digital camcorder A Sony DRC-TRV22E.

I have uploaded a sample of the resulting video so that you might have an idea: http://www.trinitystudios.gr/carnival1.avi.

I've tried to post before, but I have not seen the post anywhere so I am reposting the question.

Thanks a million. :)

D.

Noyb

Jay
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Is there any difference (Improvement ?) .. If the Camcorder is in it's Automatic or Manual exposure mode ??
Maybe different Manual Exposure settings ??

Can you provide a best Video with a fixed zoom ??
Maybe there's a way to edit the video to improve it.

damker

Danny
Thanks for your response. The exposure and the focus are automatic. Another problem is that there is some difficulty for the camcorder to focus and clear the picture projected.
Cheers. :)

Noyb

Jay
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
I played with using WLMM in W7 ... I split the video to one Dark area ..
And applied some brightness adjust to see if it would apply to just the split Video .. It worked.
With a lot of work, This might help the end result a little.

Maybe someone with Adobe Premier could do it better.
Before n After ... working on the Center "cut"

Attachments

damker

Danny
Noyb thanks for your insight. I'll try to follow your insight and I'll return withs results.
Thanks a million.
Cheers.
D.

Noyb

Jay
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Another problem is that there is some difficulty for the camcorder to focus and clear the picture projected.
Manual focus ON ???
Hopefully, We can collect an Adobe Premier wizard Here.

damker

Danny
I'll try to see if there is a manual focus function. I hope there is... I'll let all know if there is one.
Thanks. :)

Noyb

Jay
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Your Manual say's So .. Didn't see a "face detect" that might be messing you up.

damker

Danny
Well, I'll go into that in depth and return.
Cheers.

Noyb

Jay
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Once you get the best video you can .. There may be some flicker editing help ..
See Here .. & Here .. & Here

All we need to do is find someone with Premiere or After Effects ..
An who wants to experiment with the trial of GBDeflicker :D
Any Volunteers ??

damker

Danny
I am not that advanced really. Thanks for your good advice. I am deeply indebted indeed.
Cheers.
D.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online