1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dimension 5150/9150 vs. Optiplex 520/620

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mswedle, Jul 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mswedle

mswedle Thread Starter

I have heard the ongoing optiplex vs dimension debate for some time now, and I have recently been stuck into it. What I had heard last was that for business purposes (we have about 30 people and growing) the optiplex was the way to go. However one of the network techs who helps us decide which coimputers to order is adamant that the dimension 5150 and 9150 are suitable business machines. Does anyone here have comments on that, or better yet, specific reasoning why one or the other is superior. I would also point out that since my employer is a department of a university, the cost difference is negligible (optiplex slightly cheaper). Any help and opinions would be greatly appreciated.

2. Lurker1

Lurker1

3. mswedle

mswedle Thread Starter

Thank you, I saw that too. I was just hoping for something more recent because the argument I'm getting is that dells newest dimensions are business suitable. That has definitely sent me leaning towards optiplex though.

4. pugmug

pugmug Banned

5. Lurker1

Lurker1

While I'm sure that both Optiplex and Dimensions will run all standard office applications heres what Dell said.

Dimension vs. OptiPlexTM
    While Dimension desktops offer the latest technology, the OptiPlex line is built for businesses with more than 10 employees. Network-optimized and designed to allow for managed transitions and a low total cost of ownership, OptiPlex is perfect for a large networked environment, long-term stability and business-class computing.

http://www.dell.com/content/topics/global.aspx/solutions/en/why_optiplex?c=us&cs=04&l=en&s=bsd

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/483921

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice