1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

dingy whites

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by angeltherat, Sep 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. angeltherat

angeltherat Thread Starter

i just got a new sycmaster 170mb monitor and one day just after isabel (hurricane) hit the surge protector protected my computer and monitor.

weeellllll, when i turned it back on, the screen had a definitely darker look to it. like the bright had been turned to zero. and even at 100% brightness, it still looks like it is at only 30 or 40%. i can tell this because the syncmaster has a built in tv tuner and the tv looks sooooo bright compared to what is on the screen (what ever i am working on on the computer at the time vs. pip) i tried reloading the calibration tool that came with it but it still looks horrible.

should i just take it in to get serviced or can anyone suggest a fix that i am missing. (as in: is it some program putting on the dim and blocking the bright on my computer?)

2. gotrootdude

gotrootdude

You should see if you could try it with a different PC or video card before blaming the monitor. It may be your video card that's causeing the problem. Also, check the display properties and see if there are color profiles you can apply that may make a difference.

3. Lurker1

Lurker1

Try adjusting the contrast control also. That can have a big affect on brightness.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/167049

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice