diplay colors

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Khouri

I can not change the display colors from 16 to 256. I am running Win 98 and every time I try to access the settings tab in display I get an error message"an exception 06 has occured at **00000777**. The message is different every time. When I try to get out. another error message says explorer caused a general defaul at kernell ****. How can I fix the problem? Please anyone.

Welcome the board, Khouri.

Can you tell us when and how the problem began? Are you trying to change colors from 16bit (normal high resolution) or 16 (low) to 256?

I take it you can access Display Properties, just not the settings tab?

You may need to remove and reinstall or change your current video drivers to correct this. Do you know what you have?

It would be useful to know whether the error occurs when trying to access the settings tab in safe mode.

To start in safe mode, press and hold the ctrl key as soon as the computer starts up. You will see a boot menu with the safe mode option. Once safe mode is loaded, access Display Properties (you can right click the desktop and select properties). Test the Settings tab. If it opens without error also click the Advanced and Adapter tabs and see what it says for your current adapter.

You won't be able to make any settings changes in safe mode (although you coulld instruct Windows to search for another adapter). This is just for test purposes.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online