1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

DIR 615 Wireless Router No Connection

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by docmisha, Nov 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. docmisha

docmisha Thread Starter

I could not get on the Internet this AM. I have a Speedstream with AT&T and a D-Link DIR-615 version B2. The DIR-615 Internet icon is red. I could not connect to the D-Link at 192.168.0.1 like I normally can to check the router.
    So, I disconnected the router and directly connected the Speedstream - after fussing around a bit I switched to a PPPoE in my network connections (usually it is DHCP when connected through the router) and the modem is working fine and I can access the Internet,
    I tried to reconnect the D-Link and again nothing when I try to access the D-Link at 192.168.0.1.
    Is my D-Link dead?
    I really need my wireless connection for my laptop.
    Thanks!

2. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    I have stopped using d-Link routers (wired and wireless alike) because they all seem to meet untimely deaths for me. Have you tried pressing the reset button and restoring the router to factory defaults?

3. docmisha

docmisha Thread Starter

I have done so - I am connecting from the ethernet port on the MAC to a LAN port on the D-Link after doing a rest. I believe that is corrrect. The MAC does not see the D-Link when I type the IP address of the D-Link.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1025575

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice