1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Direct 3d Broken HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by 100, Jul 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. 100

100 Thread Starter

I found this website on a google search, so I hope someone can help me. I accidently deleted some files on Monday, and it caused my display drivers to delete. I fixed them and it is back to normal, except direct3d will not work. I tried the test on it, and direct draw is fine but direct 3d isnt! So now my 3d screensavers dont work (3d pipes ect). Also I tried system restore, but it says i havent made any changes, even though I have restore points. PLEASE HELP!:confused: (n)

The error message is "test failed at step 8 (Creating 3d device):hresult=0x8877602eb

I'm really worried, mabye I should uninstall then reinstall direct x?

2. inuyasha320

inuyasha320

are you able to list the files you removed?

you can try installing directx you don't need to try and uninstall it, just run te installer and it will fix and update as needed.

reinstall all drivers

and if you have the windows xp cd, you can try the system file checker

3. 100

100 Thread Starter

no, sorry. It was many (i used disk cleanup) but norton saved them. I will try to restore as many as i can.

I'll try redownloading direct x. Do I do that from windows update?

4. inuyasha320

inuyasha320

5. 100

100 Thread Starter

Installing direct x didn't help, it said it was already installed.

Is there anything else I can do?

6. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

7. 100

100 Thread Starter

Okay, I will try that. It dosen't seem too hard. What I have is a disc from dell that is a reinstallation cd for xp. It says "only use this cd to reinstall the operating system on a dell computer. This cd is not for reinstallation of programs or drivers" but I guess I will be reinstalling xp, so it should be the right disc. I don't have too many things that matter if I lose them.
    I hope that'll fix a few other problems too.

8. 100

100 Thread Starter

I read through that thing and it seems like its only for if xp wont work. Would a full repair work for one problem?

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/485767

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice