1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

direct cable connection

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by zoranbb, Sep 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zoranbb

zoranbb Thread Starter

U might laugh but yes, im trying to connect two WinXP systems (one US and the other Greek) with a parallel cable via dcc connection. I have set the host and the guest computers they are on the same workgroup, i share a folder on the host, i even get the two monitor icon on my taskbar confirming the connection but there is no way i can see the shared folder on the guest! What could be wrong ive done it a thousand times many tryied to help but nothing, im new in this site cause this dude told me it is one of the best and theyll surelly help me...so i guess im waiting!!!

What other way is there to transfer files from one comp to another? I dont want to use a network card, is there any other way using just one cable? No switches or any other stuff that will make me take Euros out of my pocket, just a one cable show only. I have bothe USB2 and Firewire!!!!!! Plz help!!!

2. slipe

slipe

Welcome to TSG.

Make sure the parallel cable is a null modem cable. A normal parallel cable usually wonÂ’t work.

3. zoranbb

zoranbb Thread Starter

i cant have it wrong cause like i said i have established the connection only problem is that i cant see the shared folder

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/164283

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice