1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Direct CD will cause Windows.....

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by St. Clair, Feb 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. St. Clair

St. Clair Thread Starter

Win XP Home. Just gone over to XP, on Start up a baloon appears, "Direct CD will cause Windows to become unstable. Windows has prevented these drivers from loading. Click here for more details". When clicking it directs me to a Direct CD, Roxio mentioned page which quotes, "A driver is installed that causes stabiblity problems with your system. this driver will be disabled. Please contact the Manufacturer for an update compatible with this version of Windows.
    I do have a problem saving data to CD/DVD with the Windows supplied facilities and have had NERO installed, which I have had some success with, this will improve as I read the lengthy manuals.
    Will the baloon message have anything to do with my Recording/Saving problem ? What can the software be that the note refers, what standard software is supplied with XP, could it be in there ? Roxio ?
    Regards, Gordon.

2. RAM-PAGE

RAM-PAGE Banned

Is your system supplied with OEM pre-installed software?

What is the Make and Model of the computer?

3. St. Clair

St. Clair Thread Starter

Custom built P.C. by local supplier in U.K., all software loaded by them, they loaded nero when I returned the tower when I was unable to save to dvd's, they also loaded Win DVD, this now works after I had some trouble playing movies with Power DVD.

4. Dr Dave

Dr Dave

Do you have the latest version of Nero? Older versions have a problem,.
    had to upgrade Nero.

5. RAM-PAGE

RAM-PAGE Banned

If you have NERO Burning 6 you should also have NERO Showtime to play DVDs with.

With you mentioning DVDs, how much RAM does the system have, and which processor?

6. St. Clair

St. Clair Thread Starter

By the way, I have NERO 6.6.0.6, I think this may be the latest, I will look for , "Showtime".
    Regards Gordon.

7. RAM-PAGE

RAM-PAGE Banned

I also have NERO 6.6.0.6 which came with NeroVison Express 3.0.1.27 and Nero Media Player1.4.0.27

Click on the Start Smart icon, then on NERO (top left) to see if there are any updates.

8. St. Clair

St. Clair Thread Starter

Yes, I have these facilities and just updated them today, however, I can't see them having an effect on the original problem of the direct CD info. balloon appearing on every start-up, but your information is appreciated and is adding to my knowledge in the mineField of graphics manufacturers. (y)
    Regards, Gordon.

9. RAM-PAGE

RAM-PAGE Banned

There is probably a conflict between the two programs. Before, when I had Easy CD Creator, I had to totally uninstall the program before installing NERO.

I also removed Power DVD in favour of Show Time.

10. St. Clair

St. Clair Thread Starter

RAM-PAGE, Dr. Dave, thanks for your help and participation but I think I have found the problem. I found that Roxio also do Adaptec UDF Reader and I had an old version lingering from an old yamaha hi-speed CD Re Writer and when I got my new system , they also installed my old hard drive with Adaptec on it, obviously it didn't agree with XP. I don't get the Ballon message any more.
    Regards, Gordon. :)

11. RAM-PAGE

RAM-PAGE Banned

Thanks for letting us know Gordon. I think you'll find that Adaptec doesn't agree with NERO.

What is it like, living south of the border?

Iain

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/330515

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice