1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Direct CD

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by GPORGY, Dec 9, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. GPORGY

GPORGY Thread Starter

I am using Direct CD ADAPTEC on an HP Pavilion.
    would like to store my photos on CD's to send to my friends. To date I have successfuly?? loaded pictures onto a blank CD, but so far I am not able to place the CD back onto my computer to look at them. My brother sent me a CD that he had loaded photos on, and When I tried to view that CD I was unsuccessful. I can't find anything on my help menus that explain how or why I am not able to view these CD's. Does someone have an explaination?

2. fenwayrocks

fenwayrocks

I have Direct CD. When you're setting up the job there is a choice to make. Close the CD or leave it open for more additions. Not sure but you both may have indicated leave the CD open. I think this would cause you to not be able to view what's on there until you close the CD out.

3. slipe

slipe

To read a CD recorded with packet writing (DirectCD) on your CD-ROM or a computer without DirectCD you need the UDF reader: http://www.roxio.com/en/support/udfwin/udfwinupdates.html

DirectCD5 automatically puts the UDF reader on the written CD so it can be transferred to other computers, but earlier versions do not.

You can also close out the CD so it can be read on any computer which converts it to standard ISO format.

There is the possibility that you closed down the computer improperly or had a lockup while the formatted CD was in the burner. In that case the CD is probably unreadable without some sort of recovery program. I think it is called explorer if you have DirectCD 5.

If you have DirectCD you probably also have EZ CD Creator or some other mastering software. That is the best way to record photos so you can share them. You can do multi-session where you close the session so the CD can be read but leave the CD open so you can add more sessions. The data is more secure and you can read it on any CD-ROM.

4. GPORGY

GPORGY Thread Starter

I want to thank both SLIPE and FENAWAYROCKS for their assistance to my query in regard to working with Direct CD's. I still haven't solved my problem, but I guess if I keep playing around with
    the instructions that have been provided I will eventually get it solved. Like FENAWAYROCKS said, all of the necessary software should already be installed on my computer. He was right because I have everything he said I should have. However, I'm still trying to find the right buttons to push to get done what I want done. Again, thank you for trying to bail out a hopeless case.

5. slipe

slipe

Download Irfanview at www.irfanview.com and have it default as your viewer for all graphic file types. You might not have a file association for the file types your brother sent you. Irfanview will read almost anything.

How are you transferring them to your computer? The easiest way is to right click on the file or folder on the CD and select “Copy”. Right click on the folder on your computer where you want them and select “Paste”. Make sure the CD stays in the drive while you do this.

Are you formatting the CD?

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/61260

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice