1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Direct Downloading

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by homestar_44, Aug 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. homestar_44

homestar_44 Thread Starter

Hi, when i am doing a direct download through IE6 and it stops midway or the internet disconnects before it finishes downloading, is it possible to retrieve the part that has already downloaded? Or is it kept somewhere while it is downloading so that I can copy the part while it is downloading to have a "back up" kind of thing?
    Any information will be most appreciated.
    homestar

2. pehbond

pehbond

it is unlikely that the download can be carried on once it has been cut. i would recorment that you get yourself getright. this program allows you to restart broken downloads. if your pc stops and your downloading a big file then check your download limits as it may be too big

3. homestar_44

homestar_44 Thread Starter

Thanks. I have getright, but I can't get it it to catch this link. I've tried to put in the URL as well, but it just says that it's a webpage.
    Thanks for your time.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/488340

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice