1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Direct X and XP problems

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Wind_Danzer, Dec 24, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Wind_Danzer

Wind_Danzer Thread Starter

I'm getting really annoied here. I try to play multiplayer games on the Zone and get nowhere with it. The screen goes black, flickers white and puts me back into the rooms section. Anyways, talking to their "tech" guys, they told me it is a video problem and Direct X problem. I downloaded updated drivers for my NVIDIA GeForce 2MX200 card and when trying to install the newest Direct X it said it couldn't install it onto my system.

Please help

2. rhettman5

rhettman5

I am TOTALLY not familiar with xp, but if you have a run feature type in dxdiag and see if you can trouble shoot your direct x problem...it's just a start, post back, others who have (much) more experience will jump in...Rhett

3. Wind_Danzer

Wind_Danzer Thread Starter

Well after uninstalling and then reinstalling it, I tried to open the game itself. FYI, it's Rogue Spear. Anyway, it wouldn't open, doing exactly what it was doing on the Zone.

I guess I'll just have to stick with it's add-ons Urban Ops and Covert Ops.

Thanks for the reply. :)

4. rhettman5

rhettman5

I have all those games, and they work, i have win98 se, are you sure you have the latest patches for the games ? check out the red storm home page and see...Rhett

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!