1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

direct x too fast?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by coolaid, Jan 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coolaid

coolaid Thread Starter

i bought an old game that uses direct x8, when i run it with my new pc with direct x9 and gf6600 card i soon realised it runs wayyyyyy tooooo faaaaasssttttt, it's still playable, although the fps is around 90, there's no option to adjust whatsoever, fulling full screen or windowed mode made no difference, i heard that if i lower hardware accelration in dxdiag i can slow fps, is this true?

i haven't tried it yet since i don't want to freeze my pc as i have alot of stuff running, but can anyone confirm this rumour?

many thanks for the help.

2. kav2k

kav2k

*updated*
    Do you have a dual-core processor? I've heard that it causes problems with DirectX internal timer..

3. coolpcguy

coolpcguy

I doubt reducing the hardware acceleration has any affect of slowing down. Why don't you run the game at max settings with full Anisotropic Filtering and AntiAliasing? That'll definitely reduce the speed somewhat. Also make sure enable VSync.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/537025

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice