directdraw?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

joeheathuk

just installed new graphics card tornado geforce4 mx. however tried to play age of empires and an error came up ' couldn't initialize graphics system. make sure video card or controller are direct draw compatible'. i tried a few other games after and they work fine. what does this error message mean and how do i find out if ms system is compatible?

thanks

Cheeseball81

Retired Moderator
Are the latest drivers updated?

What color depth are you currently running? 32 bit or 16 bit?

I have the same problem. But i found a way to go around this. under [run] type dxdiag and then go to display tab. Form there click the test Direct3D if you have the same problem as me it will say the operation was stopped by you clicking a key on the keyboard. If this is what it says then simply restart and try the game. it works for me maybe it will work for you

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online