direction of air for cooling pad

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Beta19

Adam
I have a portable laptop cooling pad. It is bi-directional and my question is, which is more beneficial? I have heard pros and cons either way, and a few that say that they really don't work. What do you guys (and girls) think?

Oddba11

Jim
It's My Birthday!
Test both directions and monitor temps.

They can help a bit, the greatest benefit is simply having the laptop on a solid surface (ie: not on your lap/legs or on a soft surface such as a bed/chair/blanket). This allows airflow under the laptop and lets the internal cooling fans function to the best of their ability.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online