1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

directx 8.a

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by faiz, Nov 20, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. faiz

faiz Thread Starter

Need advice !!

1.] In the direct x diagnostic tool box under the Tab display I am not being able to enable AGP Texture Acceleration since it is grayed out, is there any way that I can enable it ,since I am told that performance will improve tremendously .

Direct draw acceleration and Direct 3d acceleration is enabled.

2.] Another question is that in the Bios under the Chipset Features Setup, we have a line called Graphics Aperture Size , the options are 16 mb , 32 mb, 64 mb( default) , 128 mb, 256 mb. 64 mb is the default .
    What I want to know is that what exactly does this particular option do ? Should I increase or decrease this for improved performance ?

CONFIG
    Windows 98 (4.10.1998)
    Amd k62 450 mhz
    Mb Asus p5AB
    384 mb ram
    Voodoo 3 3000 agp graphics
    8.4 gb hdd

Please advise

2. Chum

Chum

Try your Voodoo questions here also. Watch out, though they are not as nice as people on this site! As far as the Aperture size 64 is usually the best choice.

3. faiz

faiz Thread Starter

Thanks

Any other suggestions please let me know , i'll do anything to improve graphics .

4. Chum

Chum

Are you having a specific problem with graphics, or are you just "looking to improve". You know the old saying...if it ain't broke...!:)

5. faiz

faiz Thread Starter

If it ain't broke don't fix it , ya !

but you know how the curious mind is, once you have access to tweaks and overclocking utilities and great help sites like "TECHGUY" you tend to get a little risky and wish to experiment with the unknown.

It all started with the game MAX PAYNE, the hardware requirements were ok but the frame rates were suffering and therefore I wished to work on my graphics

Thanks anyway

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/59156

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice