DirectX 9.0

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

lily4312

I am missing DirectX on my computer, and cannot run some of my games because of that, Can you tell me where I can download DirectX 9.0. The sites I went to are only upgrades for older versions.

Thank You for your help.

lily4312

My PC is a Compaq Pressario MV540, I am running window XP

lily4312

Hermitt43
I tried to download the directX9.0 from the site you gave me, Got it downloaded then when I tried to install it I got this message.

An internet system error occurred. Please refer to DXError.log and DirectX.log in your Windows folder to determine the problem.

I went to my window folder and could not find either of those folder. And I also went to Microsoft update and could not find DirectX at all there. I don't know what else to do.

lily4312

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
I am missing DirectX on my computer, and cannot run some of my games because of that, Can you tell me where I can download DirectX 9.0. The sites I went to are only upgrades for older versions.

Thank You for your help.

lily4312

My PC is a Compaq Pressario MV540, I am running window XP
Lily:

I doubt very seriously that DirectX is completely missing in your computer.

Click Start - Search - All Files And Folders, then do a search for dxdiag.exe

The file icon should appear in the list and should show that file as being located in the C:\WINDOWS\system32 folder.

Double-click that icon and see if the "DirectX Diagnostic Tool" window appears.

If it does, make sure it's on the "System" tab.

What's listed in "DirectX Version" at the bottom of the list of entries?

--------------------------------------------------------------

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online