1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

DirectX download causing fault error

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by lola_4028, Sep 19, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lola_4028

lola_4028 Thread Starter

Hi,
    I'm currently running Windows 98. After uploading a game demo, I was instructed that I'd also need to upload DirectX 7 in order to run the demo. I found the download at Microsoft. After installing DirectX, I keep receiving this message - "Program Name-
    This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down." Under details it states "Program Name- caused a general protection fault in module DDRAW16.DLL at 0006:00001074" etc. etc. etc. I also ran a DirectX diagnostic tool and cannot access Direct Draw. The programs that are affected (Outlook Express, Caesar III, etc) worked fine before. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank You
    Lola

2. Corvus

Corvus

try downloading direct x 8

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/53727

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice