1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

directx games problem

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by saltydog, Jul 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. saltydog

saltydog Thread Starter

this problem has had me going for a few days any help welcome...
    got a new flatscreen monitor with "just plug it in" instuctions...caused windows xp to lock up 1/2 way though boot.. so put the old monitor back..same problem..tried all tricks to no avail...had to reformat the hard drive and reinstall xp and reactivate..so now we have windows and and vision ....reinstalled drivers off the net for the video card ATI RAdeon 9550..all ok so far until....I wanted to play a couple of games..no joy, start menus appear but after selection of play the screen went blank and an error message appeared (that the .exe file has encountered a problem and the program has shut down etc.. etc..) must be directx I thought ..reinstalled directx ver 9c both off the disk and the latest off the net...still nothing.. it appears to be only the programs that require directx that are affected...and these programs worked perfectly before the reinstall of windows:confused:
    Ive uninstalled and reinstalled the games (hitman blood money, CODII etc etc)
    Ive checked all devices in device manager and all appear to be working Ive been to kellys korner and a few others looking for help!?!? and I hope you guys can point me in the right direction.
    running a pentium4 3.2gig 512meg ram

2. Blink182

Blink182 Banned

Howdy saltydog! :)

Welcome to TSG! (y)

Anyway,
    Can the driver you downloaded for your video card not support DirectX?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/482248

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice