1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

DirectX or Video card problems...I think.

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by Mikumber, Feb 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mikumber

Mikumber Thread Starter

I just tried to install a game I just bought. Everything installed just fine, but I cant plat it.

I get this message:

CUBE 3D Cnonfig v1.82

System Information

CPU Type: AMD Anthlon 1.2 GHz
    System RAM: 256 MB
    Direct X Verision: 4.09.00.0902
    Triangle Rate:
    Object Detail Level:
    Texture Detail Level:

Hardware Error

No support for texture compression found. DXT texture compression required. Follow the instructions provided and use the electronic Technical Support feature to check your system in full.

I installed and reinstalled Direct X 9.0, but it still says the same thing.

Anyone know what the problem is?
    Thanks in advance for all your help.

Mike

2. Maritimesea

Maritimesea

It seems to be saying it's hardware that is your problem, not your version of DirectX. What hardware video do you have in your machine. I've done that a couple times myself. Those are the times I usually start swearing I'll never play another game on PC. But the problem is PS2 or Xbox games are just too expensive.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/329489

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice