DirectX question

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ghowthoo

:D
Hi,

I recently asked a support guy on what I should do with my following inquire:

I purchased your Geforce 6600 GT OC video card

I was wondering if my video card was malfunctioning or if its a glitch. I am running the latest nvidia drivers and directx 9.0c. Everytime I am in DXDIAG and perform direct3d tests, they all work fine, but every single test, when the 3D box pops up, my screen flickers which is normal but displays the box mostly within the middle of my screen hazed alittle, like if my monitor is still trying to refresh itself fully for about a few seconds then it displays it fully on my screen looking normal. Is this suppose to be normal? I know this may sound like monitor problems as well but I wanted to see what you guys thought.

----

and he replied with:

If you're getting any kind of glitching in the test direct3d function of dxdiag, directx is generally corrupt, and you need to reinstall it. The easiest way of doing this is by downloading and running
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...FA-0E3C-4837-AFC0-6C67DCAA54BF&displaylang=en

----

I wanted to ask here for other opinions... all my 3d applications work fine and all, its just those tests in dxdiag are giving me trouble. It seems reasonable to reinstall it again but I got my latest directx from the microsoft windows update thing...

anyway thank you for any feedback!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online