directx question

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jjb

After reaedind desacrated hero's post I checked my own directx diagnostics and it is showing a file I can not locate thru run or file search.It is showing a yellow exclamation and the notes say the file is a beta version whic is unsupported and may cause problems.
The next note says i should reinstall directx and get the latest version.
I am running directx 8.1(latest version).I tried to reinstall and the file and message remain.
Is this anything I should be concerned about or any hints???
I am running:
win98se
celeron 500mhz
128mb ram

What's the file name in question, probably don't need to worry if everything is working properly

jjb

This is pasted from DirectX diagnostic page-
iac25_32.ax: 2.00.05.0051 English Beta Retail 2/13/1998 14:31:00 199680 bytes

DirectX Files Tab: The file iac25_32.ax is a beta version, which is unsupported and could cause problems.
You should reinstall DirectX to get the latest version.

Use system file checker to extract a new copy off the windows cd
this one is on win98se cab 22
Iac25_32 ax 198,656 4-23-1999 10:22:00p
should be the most current

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online