1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

directX trouble on nfs5

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by sambhaalke, Dec 2, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sambhaalke

sambhaalke Thread Starter

I have a game demo of nfs5 the popular game which requires directX7 for running.however when i tried installing directX7,it said that a newer version was already present and there's no need for installing again.
    whenever i click on the race button,the game exits to the desktop straightaway. Itried installing the newest version of directX(8) but to no avail.
    If this is indeed a problem with directX,how do i rectify it?
    I have a celeron 533 with 128megs of RAM.Please help.

2. brianF

brianF

Not sure, ea is hell to find any kind of support on, if nfs5 is porsche unleased check the following

My game keeps crashing or locking up during the intro movie.

This issue may be caused by your video card or windows not properly playing the movie file for the game. You can determine if this is the case by disabling the intro movie and seeing if the game work. To do this:

Using Notepad open the fe.txt file located in the Need For Speed Porsche Unleashed directory. The Default install folder for the game is (C:\, Program files, Electronic Arts, Need For Speed Porsche Unleashed)
    Near the end of the file is a line that reads: Nointromovies=0
    Change the 0 in this line to a 1. The line should look like the following: Nointromovies=1
    This will enable the game to come up without the intro movies.

Also would be a good idea to upgrade your video drivers to the latest from the manufacturer

3. brianF

brianF

little more of the standard stuff from ea

My game keeps crashing to desktop or locking up.

Programs running in the background that may conflict with the game can often cause this issue. To close these background applications:

While pressing the CTRL+ALT keys tap the DEL key once. This will bring up the 'Close Program' window.
    Note: Be sure to only press this key combination once or Windows will restart.
    The only two items that the game needs to run is 'Explorer' and 'Systray'. Highlight all other programs one by one and click on the 'End Task" button at the bottom of the window.
    Repeat the above steps for all programs running in the background.

The game could also be crashing due to an older driver being used for your video card or your sound card. To get the latest drivers contact your PC manufacturer or refer to your video/sound card manual.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!