1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

DirectX9c Problem (missing DSOUND.dll problem/driectX9c wont download)

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Ryguy21, Feb 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Ryguy21

Ryguy21 Thread Starter

Alright to star off, I have been spending like a week trying to figure this out, and i finally decided to come here for some help...

First off I have a missing DSOUND.dll problem, i noticed how people say it can be fixed simply by reinstalling DirectX, well when i try to reinstall it, a message like this pops up during it:

"An internal System error occured.
    Please refer to DXError.log and DirectX.log in your Windows folder to determine the problem."

Now im not sure what exactly what this means... BUT i did get a some type of system error report and i added it to this post, maybe someone can figure out whats going on and could help me determine whats wrong with my PC using that..

Thanks, let me now ASAP!!! :)

Attached Files:

2. RaytheBear

RaytheBear

Unitl more help comes along you can try this tip taken from another site:

Re: missing dsound.dll and no sound on xp
    To restore a single driver or two to the System32 or System32\drivers folder, first do a Search for the driver, then, if you find it in either the i386 or cache folder, copy it and paste it to the appropriate folder (System32 or System32\drivers).

Reboot and see if you are OK.

Good luck
    Ray

3. Ryguy21

Ryguy21 Thread Starter

alright, let me set a search for it and see if anything pops up..

4. Ryguy21

Ryguy21 Thread Starter

I searched and nothing came up.. i even tried the search for hidden files.. Thanks though..

5. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
  6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/980497

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice