1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Direcway/ linksys networking

Discussion in 'Networking' started by rattler1, Oct 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rattler1

rattler1 Thread Starter

Hello,
    I have a direcway satellite, connected to win xp home edition. I am trying to network through linksys ( hardwired ) to another computer which is win mellinium edition.
    Prior I had cable modem connected thru the same network and it worked well. It did have a modem to connect to the router, the direcway doesnt have any other connectable device. Now with the direcway I cant seem to figure out how to get the conection started, without using the wan/ link. It will not allow for a connection directly to the lynxsys or allow me to share through a network.
    The regular home network between the two computers work well at this time.

I would apreciate any and all help.
    Thank you
    Rattler1

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Didn't they install it and set it up for you?????

Welcome, by the way ;)

3. ~Candy~

4. rattler1

rattler1 Thread Starter

Yes! The direct way has been installed corretly. I can not get it to work with the network. Should I, not use the linksys router?
    Both computers talk to each other through files and pics. If i try to share the network with th directway. it stops working on the main computer also. At that point it doesnt work at all.
    The direcway link does not offer much help.

5. ~Candy~

Can you explain how things are connected? The directway link appears to address having a modem connected......

I'm not familiar with directway, but since no one else has responded I figured I'd give it a shot ;)

6. KBRAVO

KBRAVO

I had Directway for several months. I used it with the Linksys router. The problem is that any time you want to share the connection you have to use WIN ICS or similar, which is a pain in the A**. I am now switching to DSL. I also did not find the speed anything to write home about. Good Luck.

7. rattler1

rattler1 Thread Starter

Thank You for all the help.
    Its still not working on teh second computer, but I can do with out it, I guess.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/171236

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice