Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Disable Action Center Messages for All Users

4K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  terencewklau 
#1 ·
Hi,

I'm trying to disable the Action Center messages for all users on Windows 7. I've configured a machine the way I want it, including disabling all Security and Maintenance messages under the Administrator account.

I then run sysprep using an answer file created with WAIK with the setting CopyProfile=True which copies the Adminstrator's profile onto the Default profile.

Works well for the most part except the disabling of action center messages. After sysprep and upon logon to the Adminstrator account (autologon configured in answer file), all the messages are ticked again. Same for a new user who logs on later.

I've tried unticking all the messages, then exported the HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Action Center\Checks, edited it to HK_USERS\.Default\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Action Center\Checks but it didn't work.

Is there any way to untick all the messages for all users? I've already configured Local Group Policy to remove the Action Center Icon. I'm not too sure if this will also prevent messages from coming up though.

Any suggestions to point me in the right direction will be much appreciated.

Thanks.

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.