Disable auto protect?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

JalbeyTMWS

I recently put a new motherboard into my computer (same model and brand just an updated version). Since I have done this whenever my CPU temp reaches 130F it will freeze and I will have to hard reboot.

This strikes me as an auto protect feature on the motherboard, but I have found nothing in the manual about this.

My motherboard is an ECS K7S5A version 3.x

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

130 is pretty hot (about 54c).

you should be in the low to mid 40's.

Instead of trying to disable a feature, I would look at either adding fans or replacing your heatsink/fan combo to reduce the temp.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
I think it's just shutting down because it's too hot. Remember, the temperature sensor isn't directly bonded to the processor, being a part of the MB, so your processor may be even hotter. I'd address that problem as suggested.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online