1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Disable Avast boot scan?

Discussion in 'General Security' started by gdwitch, Nov 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. gdwitch

gdwitch Thread Starter

After avast found a problem on my computer, it removed it and after restarting, and on its own, initiated a boot up scan. Now, every time I turn on the computer it does this. I have to hit esc to get it to stop. There is nothing on program to uncheck under settings. I wrote Avast support who gave me this really complicated and confusing way of removing the avast software entirely. When I asked to clarify I got no response. I posted this question on an avast forum and I have not received an answer. There has to be an easier way to fix this. I have windows 7 IE 9
    Any help much appreciated.

2. blues_harp28

blues_harp28 Trusted Advisor

Right click Avast icon to open Avast program - click on Scan Computer > Boot-time scan.
    Click on Schedule Now - make sure that Not scheduled is now listed under Current Status.

3. gdwitch

gdwitch Thread Starter

Thanks for responding. No "Boot time" scan was there to click. I finally just got frustrated and deleted the program.

4. indianacarnie

indianacarnie

Nothing like cutting off your nose to spite your face, huh? Open Avast on left hand side "scan computer" - click it, there will be 3 panes , scan now , boot - time scan and scan logs. Click on the schedule now to un-schedule it.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1077994