1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Disable CTRL+ALT+Right Arrow

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by jp1203, Mar 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jp1203

jp1203 Thread Starter

We have a row of newer Dell Optiplexes in one of the business labs at the high school. They have a CTRL+ALT+Right Arrow function that will flip the image on the monitor any which way.

Anyone know a way to disable this so students can't mess with it.

2. Augie65

Augie65

I don't have this option on my Intel graphics card, but I found this on their web site.

In Windows XP go to Start | Control Panel.

If the Windows XP Control Panel is in Classic View you will see the Intel(R) Extreme Graphics icon in the Control Panel window. Double click on it to open it.

If the Windows XP Control Panel is in Category View you will see Pick a category on the right side of Control Panel. On the left side of Control Panel click on Other Control Panel options found in small print under See Also, and then double click on Intel(R) Extreme Graphics. (If nothing appears under See Also then click on See Also to open the list of Control Panels. Then click on Other Control Panel options.)

At the top of the Intel(R) Extreme Graphics window that opens click on the Hot Keys tab.

Remove the check from the box labeled Enable Hot Keys to disable the Hot Keys feature, and click OK to save this change. Close Control Panel.

3. jp1203

jp1203 Thread Starter

Neat-thanks...

Hope it works...I think these machines do have Intel Graphics, which really drags them down considering otherwise they have P4HTs, a gig of RAM, and 100 GB SATAs...

I'll give it a shot tomorrow and see if it works, sounds like it will...

Thanks again!

4. Augie65

Augie65

You are very welcome.:)
    Hope it solves your problem.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/550188

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice