1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Disable Explorer Left Pane Tree View

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by luisalvesnyde, Apr 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. luisalvesnyde

luisalvesnyde Thread Starter

Hi Guys!
    Sorry if this was posted already, really busy!

Well this is my problem...i have a couple of pc´s with windows xp, and i want to disable the windows explorer view, like explore all users by right clicking on the start menu orb. Or simply as when opening the file explorer, never having the left pane with the file list tree, so that no program can activate this view...

I have older people working in this company and sometimes they just dont let go of the left click on the mouse, making them moving files they are not supposed to.

We use a access database that views its contents (like docs,pics,gifs) always with this left pane with tree listing of all the folders...

I would be gratefull for this solution... ;)

2. bbearren

bbearren

Open Windows Explorer, click "View" in the toolbar, scroll down to Explorer Bar, and in the slideout menu, uncheck "Folders".

Next click on "Tools" and select "Folder Options" then click the "View" tab. Click the button "Apply to All Folders". Click "OK" on the popup that asks if you really want to do it.

3. luisalvesnyde

tried it seem to work, as i open the explorer windows normally, but once I try opening fotos from my Acess database, as you click a button in a form it will open what you want in a directory in the windows explorer...and it still shows the folders in tree view in the left pane....

is there another solution? :(

4. luisalvesnyde

still no ideias???

5. luisalvesnyde

bump! ..only if i had an ideia for my problem... :(

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/820290

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice