Disable fast shutdown..........

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Dark Star

I think I'm suppose to go in and uncheck the box pertaining to "disable fast shutdown" in msconfig on a Win98se install........

There is also a shutdown patch from MS that can be downloaded (I think I can find the patch to download), however I can't recall what if anything to do with the "disable fast shutdown"

Thanx.........

DS

Dark Star

brianF,

"After you apply the Windows 98 Second Edition Shutdown Supplement, the Disable Fast Shutdown option is no longer listed on the Advanced tab in Msconfig.exe."

I just want to be sure I understand this correctly.
I read this as saying the option will no longer be there after you apply the patch.

Thanks for your help and the link for the patch. :)

DS

I have never had to use the patch. Now I know why some have the option and some don't :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online